January 18, 2018 MCLE Seminar/Webinar (Elimination of Bias Credit)
The Conference of California Public Utility Counsel (CCPUC) and Women in Public Utilities (WIPU) present:
“Can you bring me some coffee, hon?” Breaking the Silence on Gender Bias in the Utility Industry
Come join us for an informative session with:
- Amy Yip-Kikugawa, Deputy General Counsel, Legal Division;
- Deana Michelle Ng, Director, Major Projects, Regulatory Compliance & Controls, SoCalGas;
- Olga Savage, Senior Associate, Procopio, Cory, Hargreaves & Savich, LLP; and
- Megan Somogyi, Partner, Goodin, MacBride, Squeri & Day, LLP
This seminar will feature an in-depth discussion on gender bias in the workplace, including:Hiring practices;
- Valuing contributions to meetings, projects, and client matters;
- Maternity and medical leave;
- How perception of gender may affect career pathways, promotions, and management opportunities;
- Work-life balance; and
- Your questions
The program will also be available via webcast.
This event isn’t just for lawyers! Analysts, support staff, and anyone else who is interested are encouraged to join us.
Thursday, January 18, 2018
3:00 to 4:30 p.m.
505 Van Ness Avenue
5:00 p.m. — No-host reception (Location to be announced shortly.)
In-person program qualifies for full Elimination of Bias CLE credit; webinar will qualify for self-study CLE credit. Information to attend by webinar will be provided closer to the event to all who register.
FREE for 2018 CCPUC Govt or 501(c)(3) Employee Members/Non-Members
$50 for 2018 CCPUC Members
$75 for Non-Members
$10 for Students
Questions about group sign-ups?
Please contact CCPUC Business Manager Shera Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Women In Public Utilities’ website is under construction, but will be live soon at: wipu.org.
If you would like to be added to the CCPUC’s Young Utility Lawyer email list, please contact Rosanne O’Hara (rosanne.o’email@example.com).